- Developed in Unity
- Released on iOS App Store and Google Play Store
- Developed by a 4 person LLC called Abaca Games
- Proceeds donated to Third Millenium Alliance to plant trees
10 Degrees is a 2D climate action mobile game. The player plays as several different characters each engaged in their own story: from Victoria, the whistleblower of a company engaged in acts that destroy the environment, to Deandra, a high schooler with a mission to plant trees. 10 Degrees is targeted towards middle schoolers and high schoolers, who will learn the impact their mundane in-game choices can have on the environment.
- Working 8 hours a day through Summer 2019 as a co-owner of the LLC.
- Creating all character art and designs, promotional art, and UI designs.
- Developing and bugfixing several core features in Unity and C#.
- Working with contract workers to create promotional materials, such as fliers, wallpapers, and trailers.
- Visiting multiple high schools to playtest the game with real students.
- Creating and giving presentations to pitch for funding from an organization called optiMize.
- Working closely and giving feedback to other teams in the optiMize cohort during the summer of 2019.
Character Art & Design
- All character visual designs conceptualized, drafted, and iterated into final designs.
- All character 2D sprites created in Paint Tool SAI and Adobe Photoshop.
- All characters have a multitude of different expression sprites (e.g. happy, sad, angry).
- 62 character sprites total.
Narrative Event Illustrations
- Implementing narrative "events" in the game, where overlaying pictures that illustrate those special events can be unlocked.
- All illustrations created in Paint Tool SAI and Adobe Photoshop.
- 6 narrative event illustrations created.
Logo Design & Creation
- Themed logo based on nature, hence the green and the leaves.
- Designing a custom typeface to convey a playful, tropical message.
- Logo designed and illustrated in Paint Tool SAI and Adobe Photoshop.
- Designed to be eye-catching and to interact with an audience on social media.
- Illustrations creatd in Adobe Illustrator, Paint Tool SAI, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Also created cover art pictured at top of page in multiple resolutions.
Introduction Sequence Slides
- Referenced real images of forest fires and trees to create an introduction sequence for the narrative.
- Designed UI for the introduction sequence and text.
- 6 slides illustrated in Paint Tool SAI and Adobe Photoshop.
Miscellaneous Sprites & UI
- Stylized to match style of previous UI artist.
- Sprites illustrated in Paint Tool SAI, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Sprites imported Unity, then functionality implemented in multiple C# scripts.